January 16, 2010

yeah, they call me the fireman..

A little late on this one, but better late than never!

On December 25, 2009, a lieutenant put in his last 24 hours as a member of the Arlington Fire Department. He started on the job in October of 1978. A move from the city of San Antonio for he and his wife meant a fresh start at a growing department. He worked at various stations all over the city, but put in most of his career at Station 3.

Thru the blood, sweat, and tears he made good friends, lost loved ones, and made memories that he will keep and cherish his whole life. (And hopefully pass on to his grandson one day!) This job is a hard one, but it was his and he was good at what he did. There are so many stories that I have heard about his leadership and job personality that make me proud to be his daughter.

Dad, I am so happy for you and your retirement. I am going to miss stopping by the fire station every shift you worked. That place was your home, but you also made it mine and made me feel so welcome every time I was there. I appreciate everything you have taught me from your life experiences. I just hope I can do the same for my son.

Happy Retirement, Dad. We love you!

The best crew around! Station 3 C shift.
FF Guy Moore, AO Gary Hall, Lt Curtis Dunn

His new "job".. Paw Paw daycare!!

We are so proud of you Dad!!

Paw Paw and Logan before retirement.

Thanks for all of the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment