January 4, 2010

the best part of waking up...


So it was the first day back to school today... first day back for students and teachers, and my first day back after having Logan. I prepared myself last night by getting everything I needed to take to work with me all put together on the kitchen table. I put all of Logan's things for Paw Paw & Patty Cake's daycare on the chair in the living room with his car seat. I made my lunch. Physically, I was ready to go. Mentally on the other hand, not so much. Which brings me to this morning....

Long story short, I turned my alarm off in my sleep. My first day back to work and I wake up at 7:14 when we are supposed to be at work around 7:15. Awesome. I shot up, spit out a few curse words, and ran around the house like a mad woman! I got to school around 7:40 and rushed out to the weight room where our volleyball girls were already lifting. Let me just say that I am so thankful for Andrea because she covers my tail all the time! I am so lucky to work with such a good friend. It's great to have someone you can lean on and they can lean back, too:-)

As for Mr. Logan today...

First day at Paw Paw and Patty Cake's Daycare... Looks like it went well:-) We are so lucky that mom and dad have offered their services!
Teresa hasn't gone back to school yet so for this week she is playing babysitter during the day. Logan loves being around his Aunt T. They nap well together:-) I am not sure who sleeps harder though!

Well, it is dinner time and then bath time for Logan. All in all, minus this morning of course, the first day back went well. It was nice to be back!

As for the best part of waking up, it is definitely my new Keuring coffee maker:-) If you don't have one, I highly suggest getting one!!

-Heather:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment